Re: Nasobeme - Tyrannasus Imperator!

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:06:54 -0000

Yak:
> I remember a ways back I came across a "fictional natural history"
> about nasoblemes called "The Snouters" (Dr. Harald Stümpke. The
> Snouters: Form and Life of the Rhinogrades. Translated by Leigh
> Chadwick. The Natural History Press (1967).)...

PHWOOOAR! Cheers, Dave -- that's stunning.

"Unfortunately, soon after Dr. Stümpke described the Snouters, the entire Hi-yi-yi island chain sank into the ocean as a result of an earthquake triggered by the testing of atomic bombs." Brilliant! Von Daeniken would have been proud...

Stu (who is suddenly reminded of the Bonzo Dog Band's 'Rhinocratic Oaths', and ponders exactly how a Rhinocracy might manifest itself).