Re: Digest Number 268

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:21:16 +1100

>Elamle-eta perhaps? She's the one who made peace between elves and
>humans on the Elamal peninsula. On the Gloranthan digest Sandy once
>stated that "the situation was set up by one of Glorantha's few
>superheroes."

Yep, that was her.

>>To my mind, Sartar's
>>accomplishments definitely put him up there with anything
>>Harrek achieves, different spheres but comparable.

>Considering the sort of things Harreck achieves, I'd rate Sartar as
>substatially higher!
>
> Mark Mohrfield

Yes, in a lot of ways, Sartar's achievements are much more complex than Harrek's. Harrek is simply extremely good at killing things, while Sartar managed to build a nation out of disparate orlanthi tribes and clans, without using "Violence is always an option", now that is impressive and powerful magic in my books.

Though of course I don't really understand how Harrek does the things that he does, even within the Hero Wars rules.

Martin