The Best Way to be a Hero Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense was RE: Eurmali

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

> > It is generally accepted that feats granted by
> deities are of a
> > higher power order than Heortling Talents.
>
> And here is a question. Where does the system show
> this? Outside of
> ritual roles (and I'm not sure how that applies to
> Wizardry, to be
> honest), is there anything that separates the two?
> It does seem that
> concentrating in common magic lets you do just about
> anything you want
> to for cheaper than other approaches. Why take all
> those cult
> limitations?

Exactly! The rules don't give us any reason to believe that a feat from a devotee is in any way better than that of a common magic guy. Also, it looks like the best way to be a hero is to be an initiate (or some level) and keep your talents/common magic... because then you have freedom to do your own thing. No one becomes a god by being a disciple of a god. Discipleship is for people with no imagination. That's why you can't be a king if you're a disciple. You have to be an initiate of two gods...

t.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail