Re: Eurmali Plausible? (was Re: Eurmali)

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:25:11 -0400

On Wed, 2005-27-07 at 13:29 +0000, donald_at_... wrote:

> There's a position for an Eurmali on the ring. I suspect it is
> often vacant even where there is a bonded Eurmali to fill it.
> If needed for ritual purposes the clan may use a child to fill
> the place.

With all these rings I think there's a lot of substitution
> anyway. The Lightbringer Ring also requires a Chalana Arroy
> worshipper which many clans don't have. Substuting an Ernaldan
> healer will be common.

Since I don't have BA, I have to ask the following question... do the roles need to be filled by the appropriate person? In all published things I've seen so far with rings, the positions are not matched exactly. I thought the roles were named according to some mythic view of the role as adviser/consultant/leader/whatever. I didn't think you needed worshippers of those specific deities to inhabit those roles. It certainly seems to me that substitution is the norm, not the exception. Does BA imply otherwise?

LC