Re: Digest Number 2201

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:42:21 +0100 (BST)

>In the scenario The Tars Gor the heroes travel from
>Korlokstead to the Bush Range. While trying
>to trace the route on the map I discovered I was
>totally confused - they seem to have gone far south,
>then looped back up north, passing through Wintertop?

The Kerospine Mountains are in the way. These were not really clear on older maps. They can only be crossed by passes, only five of which are usable by armies/caravans and the like. I can't remember them all right now (anyone with a copy of DP to hand?). Although IWS was written befoe I knew all of that. The route proposed in the Tars Gor crosses the Kerospine by a pass, the dangers of which are as described.

No the places there are not on the map on the back of IWS - which is accurate with DP btw - feel free to locate them as appropriate.

>I am even confused by something as basic as where the
>Shaker Temple is - at Maranaba?

Yes. Maranaba is the 'proper' name for the Shaker Temple

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos