Re: Digest Number 2201

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:18:46 -0000

> The Kerospine Mountains are in the way. ... They can only be crossed
> by passes, only five of which are usable by
> armies/caravans and the like. I can't remember them
> all right now (anyone with a copy of DP to hand?).

Looks like, from north to south:

  1. Trader's Valley
  2. Dendrogi
  3. Harda Pass, which is approached via Kero Fin and Wintertop
  4. The Dragon Pass proper
  5. Belastran Pass.

Of those, it looks like Trader's Valley is the easiest. Belastran seems most difficult ("Slow or weak people do not use Belastran Pass.") The Harda Pass trail has a long writeup on p. 31 -- it's complicated, but doable. I'm not sure which are most used around 1620, probably Trader's Valley.

Rob