Orenaria and Holay

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:27:12 -0000

Hey gang -

What do folk know about Orenaria (the region in Holay between Mirin's Cross and Fyllich Kwan)? After running the population numbers, I realized that Saird and Holay is remarkably urbanized (possibly one of the most urbanized areas of the Empire), although it might be better to think of Tarsh, Aggar, Vanch and Imther as the agricultural hinterlands of Holay.

First Age maps have the region now marked as Orenaria as core Berenethtelli lands, with the Balurings being along the Red Wyrm river. However, the Berenethtelli are long since destroyed and Emperor Vorandevu founded New Nivorah (Mirin's Cross) around c. 600, which later became Domanand and a stronghold against the dragons. The site was later occupied by a Sairdite leader named Mirin[eth]. But what do we know of the later Second Age and Third Age?

Anyways, I've got some thoughts about the region, but I'm curious what some of the Imtherite folk who occasional frequent this list think. Harald - are you still following this list?

Jeff