Re: Extreme heroquesting (was Re: Wizardly HQing_)

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 22:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it seems to me that the sorceror who is walking the continent from essence source to essence source, openning nodes and grabbing talismans is doing 'wizardly heroquesting.'

Pheldan the Apostate opens the node to the Secret Map Room. From there, perhaps after swearing that he is 'up to no good,' he begins the 'Gathering the Reagents' walk. This heroquest puts him in that essential frame of mind that makes him the crazy wizard gathering spells. It also makes him the enemy force in a bucketload of theistic and animistic heroquests.

Very Ars Magica. But tasty fun. With monsters. And barbarians.

t.

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs