Re: Sacred Time rituals in play - saga style

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:36:28 -0000

> > But I never know
> > for sure. For that matter, I rarely know what my players'
> > characters are thinking - unless the player announces that his
> > character is thinking of something.
>
> They don't use their personality abilities? Or relationships? Surely
they
> must at least state the goals of their contests?

Rolling against a personality ability (or augmenting with one) does not require me to hear that character's internal dialogue. The fact that Nisk is extremely brave is an objective fact, not a subjective thought. Fwiw, most of my players' personality abilities or relationships could come straight out of a saga.

However, this discussion of comparative literary preferences is probably better suited for the digest.

Jeff