RE: Re: Duck army

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:43:28 +0100

> >But surely, on a field of battle a formation of samuari is to be
> >prefered to the same number of ninjas? Or does your Glorantha vary to
> >the extent that the points awarded for coolness and presentation are
> >sufficient to determine the outcome of the engagement? :-)

RR:
> That you must ask reveals that you have not mastered the art
> of HeroQuest.

Exactly! This being the HQ list, this is the answer I would give. Of COURSE coolness and presentation determine the outcome!

Were I on a HOTT list, I might point to the respective combat factors of Sneakers (ninja) and Blades (samurai). Both get +5 v. foot or stronghold, +3 v. others. Sneakers move faster (300p v 200p). There are some minor and trivial technical differences as well that I won't worry you with (p23, for those who have the rulebook), but them's the basic numbers.

Plus, as RR says (and said in the first place before I made the decision), ninja are FAR easier to adapt and to paint.