Re: Ideas needed...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:02:11 -0000

Rob:
> In another game, I'm playing a female Yinkini..... So the Yinkini
hunter might fit in better with the other two
> characters than an Odaylan,

Actually, in the kind of play Mike advocates (protaganist play) it really doesn't matter about being an Odaylan at all. The beauty of Glorantha is that all the cults have idiosyncracies that you can mine for 'bangs'. The only one I wouldn't allow is the Ulerian, but then thats because they tend to be townies not clan dwellers, but if it floats your boat then 'becoming an Ulerian' in the middle of a clan could be a great kicker (a 'The Forge' term, coined in, you guessed it 'Sorcerer')

CJ, you will find that the Heroquest system supports the kind of game these characters are better than any I can think of, you will have a lot of fun. Now imagine the same set of characters in AD&D!! lol

Regards
Rob

PS: Do you want that map? Mail me off list!