Re: Re: Ideas needed...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:51:21 -0700

Just out of curiosity what is the
> relationship of Heortlings to Uleria? I know Uleria is an ancient
> deity of the Celestial Court, but Apple Lane led me to believe her
> worship was at least acceptable. I have seen nothing in Storm Tribe or
> Thunder Rebels about her taht I can recall, so am a bit lost...

TR 192, in the description of Vela the Matchmaker: "...the wild and breathless passion of the demon Uleria, that breaks apart everyone it touches."

To the Heortlings, she is unbridled lust, a Bad Thing (as opposed to bridled lust, a Good Thing). She makes good people do bad things, breaks marriages, etc. She isn't the Holy Prostitute, but physical lust taken to extremes, making people forsake their own partners (breaking up the family, a Very Bad Thing).

Apple Lane isn't exactly a typical heortling stead. In the 27 years since it was published we've learnt a lot more about Glorantha and the Heortlings.

RR
- Richelieu