Re: Lunar CM not cyclical?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:50:22 -0700

> > many Common Magic abilities taught by Lunars are *not* Cyclical ),
>
> Oh? I'd assumed that it's Lunar, therefore it's cyclical. What am I
missing?
> Which bits aren't?

Let's start at the beginning...

Common magic (all except talents, let;s just forget about those for a little while) comes from Daimones (CM Feats), Essences (CM Spells), or Spirits (CM CHarms) that don't happen to live in the Otherworld but here in the Middle world. Okay so far?

Lunar Common Magic comes from Lunes in the Middle world. It still manifests as feats, charms and spells, but comes from Lunar beiongs, who are subject to the Cycles, and so their magic is also subject to the cycles.

Now, Lunes are pretty few and far between in the middle world - the main place to find them is on the physical moon, though there are some laying around on the surface of Glorantha, or even in the Undrworld (Jakaleel found them there).

So some/much of the Common magic that the Lunars teach is non-cyclical, simply because the local beings are not likely to be Lune, but instead Spirits, daimones or Essences.

I hop ethat clears up the problem.

RR
- Richelieu