RE: Form Fill Sheets

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:23:21 -0000

> Now Jane, you just have to think outside the box. A chocolate
> teapot is
> pretty worthless, but a chocolate Hot Cocoa pot, now... (Just
> be sure to serve it in a bowl)

Tasty, true.

> I could probably whip up a PERL char-sheet maker that'll do
> it (heck, I did
> one for Pendragon), but I don't have the PHP/MySQL chops to
> make it a true web application.

(sigh) It's not as if writing web front ends to databases is what I do for a living or anything.... Look, can someone supply me with an extra 36 hours in every day, please? And I'll add that little job to my to-do list.

Though sorting out security on saved characters, on a open-to-the-world web app, might be the hardest part. I'll give it some thought.

Anyone like to come up with a requirement spec of what you'd like such a web-based app to do? It'll only ever get as far as the basics of character generation, I can tell you that now, but at the very least it should be able to let you select keywords and fill in the standard abilities.