Esrolian warrior occupations

From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:51:27 -0500

 Of course, I'm going to be gone through most of the next week for holiday madness, but...

On Friday 23 December 2005 9:49 pm, donald_at_... wrote:

[Husband-Protectors]
> Just about all the male gods - Elmal, Yelmalio, Urox, Heler, Yinkin,
> maybe Issaries, Lhankor Mhy and possibly in Esrolia Humakt.

Really? I somehow thought it was mostly "chieftan" gods. Not just a "whatever male we have lying around" thing.

In Sartar
> it allows just about anyone to marry an Ernaldan and be mythologically
> correct.

Wait... so if someone is from a non-Ernaldan cult that is known mythically to marry a specific god (I don't know, I think there is an Elmali subcult like this, off the top of my head) then if they don't marry someone from that cult, they are mythically incorrect? That can't be right, can it?

> >Interestingly, I notice that Esrola herself is nowhere to be found
> >(Esra is recommended as the farmer goddess). Oddly, Babeester Gor
> >is placed as the woman warrior cult, and Humakt as the male. Maybe
> >because warriors are rare in the society, they tend to be extremist
> >cults? There are also Voudisea the Lance Goddess and Epikhor the
> >Librarian who I don't know. (Epikhor seems to be a subcult of Lankhor
> >Mhy, though.)
>
> Humakt and Babeester Gor are warrior cults, most of the fighters in
> Esrolia are soldiers following Vinga or Voudisea.

Esrolia has soldiers? I thought it was more Heortling than that. (Mind you, it IS supposed to be more civilized and agricultural). And Vinga? I didn't think Vinga that important in Esrolia.

> No, she'll follow Vinga but with soldier rather than warrior as
> occupation keyword. I think the selections are common adventurer's
> roles rather than an indication of how common those types are
> in society. Babeester Gor is more common in Esrolia than Sartar
> but she's still a fanatic.

As long as Farmer is in every homeland, I have trouble thinking they are supposed to represent adventurer's roles.

LC