Esrolia is not Sartar

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:26:21 -0000

> [Husband-Protectors]
> > Just about all the male gods - Elmal, Yelmalio, Urox, Heler, Yinkin,
> > maybe Issaries, Lhankor Mhy and possibly in Esrolia Humakt.
>
> Really? I somehow thought it was mostly "chieftan" gods. Not
> just a "whatever male we have lying around" thing.

I had an idea it was (in Esrolia) one per element, but since I don't know where I got that idea from (and it's far too tidy to be true!), probably forget it. Any male god capable of protecting her in some way, I expect. "Male" and "chieftain" aren't concepts that go together in Esrolia anyway.

And ISTR a myth that implies that Humakt is the father of Babs Gor, which sounds seriously weird.

> Esrolia has soldiers? I thought it was more Heortling than
> that. (Mind you, it
> IS supposed to be more civilized and agricultural). And
> Vinga? I didn't think Vinga that important in Esrolia.

Take a look at the Esrolia Homeland in the HQ main book - there's all sorts of weirdness in there! Yes, Vinga as Soldier, not as warrior. Must be a very different Vinga from the one we know in Sartar. Wasn't someone - Jennifer? looking into how that would work, at one time?