Next Glorantha books

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:53:17 +0000

Brian Curley wrote:

>> > Jane and I plan to go
>> > on the lightbringers quest at continuum and badger
>> > Greg about Dragonrise
>

>> Er, no, actually I don't. Knowing a little (but only a
>> little) more of what's going on, I don't expect that
>> to be necessary or appropriate.
>

>Oooohhh... do tell? Come on, the Rumor Mill (as anyone knows, the most
>efficient means of communications ever devised) relies on fresh
>grist! :-)

Well, from what we've already been told publicly, Moon Design intends to publish three or four new books by Continuum. This being so, one of the following is likely to be true:

  1. Dragonrise will be out by Continuum
  2. Dragonrise will be released shortly after Continuum
  3. If it isn't, it won't be through lack of trying

In none of these cases would badgering anyone achieve anything...

What would be more useful, I'd suggest, is to tell those responsible what you'd like to see next - the stuff that hasn't been written, or is at only the earliest stages of preparation. That's the sort of thing where feedback will be useful, and production plans will probably still be flexible enough to change. Do you want a Prax book? More Heortling adventures? A Lunar scenario series? An Elfpak? This sort of information might allow the publishers to get a better idea of priorities - you're going to get Dragonrise as soon as its feasible anyway, but whether you get Bastards of Rokar before you get ILH-4: Chicken-Riders of Rinliddi [1], is something that might still be up in the air.

[1] Made-up titles only! Do not take seriously! Do not apply as an ointment! Use only one before breakfast!

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic