Re: Mykka

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:02:10 -0000

Alison Place <alison_place_at_y...> wrote:
> Hi, Rob,
> I can sympathise with your desire not to inflict
> awfulness on what is meant to be a going-away present
> to Josh. Good point, there.

Awfulness has its place. To my mind its place is to create a challenge to overcome, so its value as a conclusion to a story is limited, and at least a part of this story is ending. The story ending still needs some bite (a choice with >1 interesting outcome) which is why I liked Orpheus for this situation rather than the choice of doing in some innocents (great for normal character development) or not.

Rob, can I suggest some mechanics of that final session which I reckon could give it a real buzz?

That all got a bit abstract but there might be something there you can use.

Sam.