Re: EssenceQuest

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 09:24:31 +0000

Tony Davis:

>See, in my head, that's kinda how wizardry essence
>quests work, but a sorcerous quest would be something
>like:
>
>"Now I have to envision the correct angle for the
>locus to interact with the focus and then dangle this
>reagent over this particular zurb of the glorg."
>
>And so on.
>
>It would be like walking into a non-euclidian geometry
>book and the magick would happen when you finally 'get
>it.'

Well, they're still questing in the God's War, which isn't particularly non-Euclidean IMO (being made of everything, as it is), so I wouldn't quite go that far. It's going to depend on the particular sorcerous tradition, but it would be something like:

You realise that there are insufficient water-bearing winds coming off the western sea. You heroquest to gather and strengthen the wind and cloud essences, and, through use of the appropriate formulae, persuade the former to push the latter over your land. Then you sit and shake your head at all the silly justifications the pagans came up with when that's all *they* were really doing, either...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic