Re: Failing for success

From: wansuperyo <manuel.martin.ruiz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:36:32 -0000

OK, but Yelmalio myth is about humbleness and harshness and how everyone is beating us but show must go on ;) In that myth failing is an important part of the myth.

I doubt ZZ myth speaks about humbleness when atacking those orlanthi weasels. I think in those myths the important thing is getting the rage to destroy everything not fast enough to escape. I do not think you are breaking the myth because your fast oponent was not so fast after all, maybe you should find a reason to keep the rage in that case... (damned Vinga her stupid bones are so hard to eat ARRRRRGGGGGG!!!! - ok, make your Furious roll with only a -10 penalty)

And in Yelmalio myths you should make your best effort to succeed and still be humble and accept failure, if you make extra and illegal things to give yourself an edge in the fight you cannot win (I will paint myself in blue so ZZ confuses me with Vinga ha ha ha!) you are breaking the myth but if your oponent cannot do as well as ZZ against you I do not think you have broken the HQ. Maybe it will be a bit more difficult to make it appropriately (feeling yourself appropriately humble and beaten even after your ZZ avatar fumbled and you pierced him... several times...)

HQing Hill of Gold to help your community and beating every foe can be very auspicious, just a bit hard because your foes have a big edge against you and you can get lost because of doing things differently.

HQing Hill of Gold to keep fire powers is wrong and you can bet your community will pay.