Re: Failing for success

From: light.castle <light.castle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:05:16 -0000

> So if you are an uz, you will try your best to get fooled by Vinga?
>So you can show your head is thicker than the head of ZZ?

I don't think it works that way. At least IMG, there are myths of victories and losses over every traditional foe. Because otherwise, you end up in the situation where you CANNOT win or cannot lose.

i.e. - uz drawn into a Vingan HQ. Now, the Vingan has done everything possible to make this "Vinga fools Zorak Zoran" or whatever. But that doesn't mean a Zorak Zoran follower should always let himself be fooled by a Vingan. Somewhere there is a "Zorak Zoran beats the everlivinghell out of Vinga" myth.

In Storm Tribe (I think) it says that Vinga's myths of defeat are known, while the other Thunder Brothers hide theirs. I suspect most cults have these myths of loss around for initiates though. If only to tell them that victory (or defeat) is never certain.

Some myths have to be like the Heler/Elmal rivalry, who wins is variable within the myth itself.

As for "correcting a loss" of your god... I think it should always be tradeoffs. Changing a myth might gain you a power, but it should probably cost you the one the god got instead.