Re: Failing for success

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:53:54 -0000

I agree. Moreover whenever during game you as the narrator decide to stage a contest, you should be prepared to face both (or more) outcomes of the contest itself.
The perfect example is the heroquest station where Steve Storm Bull fights Willie Wakboth. What happens if Steve beats Willie even without using Eiritha's earthpower? And what if Willie devours Steve whole?

The narrator can always cheat and fudge and say: yes Willie devours Steve but Steves gets to rip Willie's belly from the inside when Willie crouches for his poo-poo.
But I would not recommend it: if you resort to dice, face the consequences!

Ciao,
Gian