Second Age Map

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:31:11 -0700

Some call it YGWV.
Some call it "records of antiquity"
Some call it Gregging.

> From: "Peter Metcalfe" metcalph_at_...
agains shares his extensive lore, this time on
> Subject: Re: Second Age Map

Greg, the authoritative replies.

> Some errors. The best source is the Uz Lore.

The best source for Second Age map information is the Mongoose map.

> There's only supposed to be one set of Vadeli Isles.

Other isles may also have arisen in the Closing. This is accurate.

> Old Trade in Brithos should be bigger.

This map is correct.

> The Fronelan Coastline is wrong (it was deformed during
> the Syndic's Ban).

While the Wege is an amusing idea, this map is accurate.

> "Gaird" in Peloria should be "Saird".

Correct.
A number of spellig errors crept in and were overlooked.

> The Kingdom of Ignorance is misplaced - it should be
> further up the coastline and in its place, the Kingdom
> of Wisdom. (Strictly speaking, it could still be right
> but for the presence of Balazar on the same map

The nomenclature of the KoI varies, of course. This is fine.

> The Hum Chang and Fanzai were separate from the
> mainland and the Suam Chow did exist at this time.

Wrong.

> There are other things that stick out like Valine being
> better known as Bija and Dagori Inkerin but I'll refrain
> from describing them as errors. I'm not sure that
> Haragala was so prominent in the Imperial Age though.

Haragala is fine.

      From: "CJ" cj_at_...

> Has anyone mentioned this to Mongoose? Be nice to catch them now?

I have inqueried to them, concerning the spelling errors.

> Ah! So it is correct Thats the problem with our records of antiquity,
> even the best historians frequently get confused by maps!

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford