Re: Second Age Map

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:53:30 +1200

At 07:31 AM 5/26/2006 -0700, you wrote:

> > There's only supposed to be one set of Vadeli Isles.

>Other isles may also have arisen in the Closing. This is accurate.

So when sources make a song and dance about how the New Vadeli Isles arose during the Closing, nobody makes the obvious connection with the now-vanished Outer Vadeli Isles?

But looking at the map of Men of the Sea p41, we see the same two sets of isles. So where do gloranthans get the idea that there was only one set of isles before the closing?

> > Old Trade in Brithos should be bigger.
>
>This map is correct.

Old Trade is much bigger in current maps of Glorantha including the most recent published one in Men of the Sea p41.

> > The Fronelan Coastline is wrong (it was deformed during
> > the Syndic's Ban).
>
>While the Wege is an amusing idea, this map is accurate.

The "amusing idea" happens to be your own authoritative writings given at:

http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a/kow.html

and which explains a marked disparity in the Uz Lore maps between the 2nd and 3rd age coastlines (p21 and p29 respectively).

> > The Hum Chang and Fanzai were separate from the
> > mainland and the Suam Chow did exist at this time.
>
>Wrong.

I'm not too certain what you mean is wrong. The Suam Chow did exist before the disasters at the end of the Imperial Age. In the Genertela Book, it's said to have been created in prehistory (p27) and the old capital of Goropheng was flooded by the ocean in the Gods Age (p24).

--Peter Metcalfe