Re: Re: Storytelling lessons from the x-men and what to do about canon..

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 08:25:38 -0700

- Richelieu

Not to get too OT, but I have to disagree with Roderick and Mike. I thought the x-men movie was a confused mess. From a storytelling perspective I thought it mixed two difference focus points and as a result robbed either of it's full impact. In particular I though Phoenix was dramatically inert.

What, you saw it for *plot*??!?

Sure, it was a confused mess, but a good looking one.

it was a summertime movie - a chance for popcorn, coke and a 90-minute sitdown. Higher functions of the brain were not engaged.

King Kong (The Peter Jackson version) has a great "Heroband vrs Gorakiki" scene. Again, don't engage the highyer finctions of the brain and it's a good movie.

Now, don't ask my opinion of that flood of manure called Braveheart!

RR
- Richelieu