Re: Storytelling lessons from the x-men and what to do about canon..

From: Posselt, Theo &#92;(US - San Francisco&#92;) <"Posselt,>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:01:14 -0500

Not to get too OT, but I have to disagree with Roderick and Mike. I thought the x-men movie was a confused mess. From a storytelling perspective I thought it mixed two difference focus points and as a result robbed either of it's full impact. In particular I though Phoenix was dramatically inert.

I have no trouble with how it dealt with canon, of course. But there's a possible ulterior motive to that: if they had simply adapted a specific plot (eg, the Phoenix saga) maybe they would have had to credit and license the original creators.

Theo

(Ps - sorry for the footer which follows, I can't stop it, it's one of the reasons I don't post often!)

Theo Posselt
(m) 415-613-8903
(o) 415-783-6129

sent from my Blackberry

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]