Re: Re: Hardcover Godlearnerbook on Ebay

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:30:53 +1200

At 10:08 AM 6/14/2006 +1000, you wrote:

>Perhaps because Greg and Jeff (authors) and Claudia (maps and design)
>wanted to give something to their friends at Tentacles?

While the rest of us suffer in darkness.

>Perhaps to support a con that has nurtured our hobby for ten years, and
>that invests very heavily in our community.

If so, this support comes at the price of shafting everybody else that didn't have the resources to go to the con and weren't good enough friends.

>Perhaps to further financially support fan publications like Tradetalk and
>Ye Booke of Tentacles that help to keep Glorantha alive.

So why couldn't this have been marketed as a fan publication?

>Perhaps because the book is a work of art and a labour of love for the
>authors, mapmakers, editors and printers to be treasured in and of itself.

And this thing of beauty should be restricted only to a tiny few?

>Roll against your Spirit of Glorantha.

I have and it comes up wanting when there's clear evidence of a policy of elitist self-adulation.

>I'm sure this info will see further publication.

Having heard so many sure things over the past decade (including public statements and private promises), I remain unconvinced.

>For now, its a thing of beauty.

How can I know that if I can't purchase it for myself?

--Peter Metcalfe