Re: Godlearner Book, etc

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:56:29 +0200

Hello Peter,
Folks,

though I never read and wrote on this list before, my husband showed me the recent mails, because he was so upset. Now, after reading this little discussion about what is available and what not and why, I can understand him pretty well.

It hurts how you tirade about people who are friends to Greg, are near enough to join the conventions and/or "rich" enough to buy these little precious things. But let me tell you something:

a) My husband buys everything he can get hold of, even if our budget of the month says "no" to those additional costs. Often I'm not happy with it, but I tolerate it, because it is at least his greatest hobby. So we have to save money in other places instead. We are not rich by far, I can assure you. Otherwise we would have the house we desire by now and would not live in our flat instead.
b) I never recognized, that being friends with Greg is a crime by now. I don't know him very well, only met him on two conventions by now, but he is a very nice man, and what is wrong with that?
c) finally, it can't be anyones fault, even not yours, that you live so far away from where the conventions take place. Organize one yourself, I'm sure, there will be guests, too (if perhaps not so many as here).

Additionally: I think Greg is perfectly right about the ownership of his writings. You wrote it, you have the copyright - it's yours! Making something public doesn't change that, I thing, though I'm no lawyer. Otherwise every book in every store will be no longer the property of the author, as soon as it is for sale.

I hope I'm not misunderstood. I simply have to cry out my opinion sometimes, when I read such nonsense. Hope you don't hate me by now, not even having met.

Cheers
Debora Jarosch