Re: Grandmother v granmother

From: Jamie <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:01:27 -0000

Only because you directly pondered what we might think.

Oh, and my Paternal Grandmother is very formal! But yes I am English, we have some formal mores over here. But, my suggestion of Grandmater is actually used as a direct address in some, even more formal families I have met.

So for those of us with a formal leaning the issue is real i'm afraid.

I also think that as a form of background colour for a maternal society, this kind of issue is good to address. If anyone in the heortling meta-culture has a formal attitude to female relatives, it would definatly be the Esrolians.