Re: Ralian Orlanthi

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 02:20:58 -0000

> > I agree - I suspect that Hrelar Amali was merely the main Ralian
> > survival place at the Dawn (similar to some of the others around
> > Dragon Pass). Probably not very impressive by the standards of
the
> > Theyalan missionaries.
> I think it was one of their pe-Darkness holy places that didn't
get
> ravaged by the Dark.

If I recall, Hrelar Amali was where Flamal was rooted in the Green Age and was generally a great place of life. Right near Tarinwood (which might have had a role in its survival - or not). Probably was the chief sacred place of the ancestral traditions of the Ralians (although it probably became less important as the Ralians embraced the Orlanth religion) - until it finally got destroyed by the Seshnegi.

> > Heck, they learned of Harmast's Lightbringer Quest before most of
> > the Heortlings. And they showed the Heortlings how to take on
the
> > EWF. The Ralian Orlanthi have rocked for a long time!
> All good points, and even some that I tend to overlook, being
rather
> DP-cenric myself...

I'm trying to expand my horizons somewhat.:)

> > Just not regional goddesses like Kerofin or Engizi. Or regional
> > heroes like Heort, Hendrik, or Sartar (although Alakoring and
> > Harmast are probably pretty important there - and they have
plenty
> > of anti-sorcery heroes). Vingkot is probably not all that
important
> > either. And probably a bunch of new local subcults of the
familiar
> > aspects of Orlanth (Adventurous, Allfather and Thunderer).
> I agree with all your omissions there, and that there would be
many
> local heroes. And there'd be some other significent local
deities,
> comparable to Engizi in magnitude...

And this is a good area for folk to come up with regional variations with the Heortlings. For example, Sigolf Cloudcrusher is an important herocult of Orlanth (or maybe even a subcult of Thunderous). And I recall an anti-God Learner and an anti-troll hero as well.

Jeff