Re: Re: Ralian Orlanthi

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:03:23 -0700

YGWV
Jeff Richard:

> I agree - I suspect that Hrelar Amali was merely the main Ralian
> survival place at the Dawn (similar to some of the others around
> Dragon Pass). Probably not very impressive by the standards of the
> Theyalan missionaries.

I think it was one of their pe-Darkness holy places that didn't get ravaged by the Dark.

>> > I think the Ralians
>> > received Orlanth worship from the Theyalan missionaries,
>> > enthusiastically embraced the religion and have been one of the
>> > central areas of the Orlanth religion since the First Age.
>> That is correct.
>
> Heck, they learned of Harmast's Lightbringer Quest before most of
> the Heortlings. And they showed the Heortlings how to take on the
> EWF. The Ralian Orlanthi have rocked for a long time!

All good points, and even some that I tend to overlook, being rather DP-cenric myself...

>> Yes. The Orlanthi of norther Ralios would worship the "regular"
> > gods of the Orlanthi pantheon.
>
> Just not regional goddesses like Kerofin or Engizi. Or regional
> heroes like Heort, Hendrik, or Sartar (although Alakoring and
> Harmast are probably pretty important there - and they have plenty
> of anti-sorcery heroes). Vingkot is probably not all that important
> either. And probably a bunch of new local subcults of the familiar
> aspects of Orlanth (Adventurous, Allfather and Thunderer).

I agree with all your omissions there, and that there would be many local heroes. And there'd be some other significent local deities, comparable to Engizi in magnitude...

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford