Re: Ralian Orlanthi

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:06:34 +0100 (BST)

> YGWV
>
> >> The "Orlanth religion" practiced in Ralios has
> its
> >> origins in the "Orlanth religion" of Dragon Pass
> >
> > Could you (and Greg) at least learn to say "some
> of"
> > before "its origins"? The "all Orlanthi worship
> comes
> > from Dragon Pass"
>
> Of course, this is the "Orlanthi all."

The language of this list is English, the last I heard. We've heard repeatedly that "Orlanthi" have a very limited language, with no words that mean "some", "many", "most", or "85%", but instead have to employ "all" for all these concepts, but English is not so limited, and there is no reason beyond deliberate confusion to pretend that it is.

> > reeks too much of the position
> > that "all pyramids must have come from Egypt".
>
> ESPECIALLY since we all know that they all came from
> Atlantis, don't we? :)

(nods) and when Atlantis sank, the survivors founded Egypt AND the South American pyramid builders, and flew to Mars (by chariot) and did the same there.

> it has no practical use, hence is
> ignored by most everyone.

see, you can do it!

> ...Arkat's .... theft of the
> Unbreakable Sword (which has subsequently
> disappeared).

And then reappeared in different places in every second game :)
(It's in the Rubble at the moment. Busy housing the wyter of a heroband. Acute case of the rating defining the relationship with an object, not its actual power).