Re: Re: Ralian Orlanthi

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:01:46 -0700

> > >In Britain, immediately pre-Normans? No, I thought
> > >they were over in the Americas.

Try the Picts, then. in much less than 1000 years their entire culture (not just their rituals) disappeared from Scotland. From the time of MacAlpin (mid 800's) to the time of the Normans in the 1000's, Pictish language and culture mostly were gone. By the 1800's, it was totally gone.

Yes, I know that there were some small remainders of Picts still extant, but nothing like a culture, more like superstitions, some place names, and archaic pictures on stones.

RR
- Richelieu