Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:29:34 -0000

Following Jeff's post on Garanvuli, the Print and Scorpion kings

Dragon Pass (http://www.glorantha.com/products/1502.html) was written to provide exactly this kind of summation of material into a playable form. There you will find out about the Print, Garanvuli etc. all the items that Jeff mentions. Don't believe me, then check out the index that is on-line. The Garanvuli also get a mention in OiD where they can be one of your clan's ancestors.

BTW here is an important secret. Many of the references to myths and legends referred to there, don't come from some obscure supplement they were made up for that supplement. We want you to fill the details in within your own games. I doubt that Greg has any more idea what 'The Corvid War' was than anyone else on the project. It is there for you to fill in and use as your games see fit. And not just the narrator, but the players should feel free to bring this information in too, as Mike Holmes suggests.

My own Red Cow game was intended to synthesize the material in TR, ST, BA and the like into a playable resource, so that you wouldn't have to put the time in:
http://iancooper.brinkster.net/glorantha/sartar/redcow/redcow.html

And if you want to see how to use myths and details in play, a benchmark example still has to by John Hughes's excellent Everything Is Thunder: http://mythologic.info/questlines/thunder.html

If you have not checked it out, I recommend that you do so.