Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:01:54 +1200

Greg:

>The Galanini didn't really get a significent advantage until they
>adopted agriculture, which came with the Heortlings.

Why would they need agriculture from the Heortlings giving they have a) a temple to the Father of the Seeds and b) the Seshnegi nearby?

> > The trouble with this is that the Galanini are contacted rather late
> > (130 ST) or so

>I think this date is pretty good, though I'd like to check what is
>written. From whence this data, Peter?

The Broken Council guidebook. It seems to be an educated guess based on Slontos being opened circa 115 ST while the other avenue into Ralios (Karia) wasn't cleared until the next century.

> > Moreover because of their location, I would have thought
> > [the Galanini] have been invigorated by the pagan Seshnegi
> > (or Tanisor) before the Missionaries found their way to them.

>I do not think that the indigenous Pendali of the Tanisor Valley were
>any more advanced than the Galanini at, and after the Dawn.

But the Seshnegi were largely pagans at this time.

--Peter Metcalfe