Re: New Law War?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:46:06 -0400

Namaste Jane:

On 7/25/06, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:

> > Good idea, except Orlanth is Dead, and not likely to
> > return in my campaign. ...
>
> Wow. Your Glorantha certainly varies in interesting
> ways. Have the players actively caused Iceland to be
> won by the Lunars, or what?

Around half of my players are Lunar Missionaries, and the rest are either Teshnans or East Islanders. I've been running Glorantha for around a year, though I've been lurker on the lists for quite a few years, and played in a few RQ games back in the day.

Until a few days ago, I didn't possess any of the Sartar Rising books, so I simply decided to let the Lunars win "easily". Of course, the cosmological side effects of their victory may be quite disastrous for the Empire and the rest of the world. The Heroes have yet to discover that Ernalda is also dead/asleep - they've been in Prax, Teshnos and the Heroplanes, so have yet to hear the news. So far, all they know is that Wheat is *really* expensive in Teshnos, who are used to importing it from the Holy Country.

Now that I've got the PDF's of BA and OiD, I'm considering allowing Orlanth to live again, at least for those who participated in the Battle of Iceland. I will probably delay his return for a few years, though I'm not sure how

I may futz with the timeline a bit more to allow the Heroes to deal with the Orlanthi. However, the Lunars in my game are more interested in exploring the Eastern parts of Glorantha (as am I quite frankly), so it may have to wait for another campaign.

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."