Re: New Law War?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:54:54 +0100 (BST)

> > > Good idea, except Orlanth is Dead, and not
> likely to
> > > return in my campaign. ...
> >
> > Wow. Your Glorantha certainly varies in
> interesting
> > ways. Have the players actively caused Iceland to
> be
> > won by the Lunars, or what?
>
> Around half of my players are Lunar Missionaries,
> and the rest are either Teshnans or East Islanders.

Ah, right.

> Until a few days ago, I didn't possess any of the
> Sartar Rising books,
> so I simply decided to let the Lunars win "easily".
> Of course, the
> cosmological side effects of their victory may be
> quite disastrous for
> the Empire and the rest of the world.

Effects only within 250 miles, but yes, that's still an economic disaster.

> So far, all they know
> is that Wheat is *really* expensive in Teshnos, who
> are used to importing it from the Holy Country.

So the effects will matter to them eventually.

> Now that I've got the PDF's of BA and OiD,

Insert Happy Dance and round of applause for Moon Design here....

> I'm considering allowing
> Orlanth to live again, at least for those who
> participated in the
> Battle of Iceland. I will probably delay his
> return for a few years, though I'm not sure how

Doesn't matter how, until the players get to deal with it. If the Lunars won at Iceland, you can probably assume that Kallyr's HQ failed, she's dead, Broyan's dead. That should slow things down a bit.

> However, the Lunars in my game are more interested
> in exploring the Eastern parts of Glorantha (as am I
> quite frankly),
> so it may have to wait for another campaign.

You know, it could be quite amusing if the economic effects get so bad that it's the Lunars, not the Orlanthi, who end up trying to get Orlanth back :) But that still needn't be your players, of course. Just show it to them if they might enjoy it.