Re: New Law War?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:43:37 -0000

I haven't focused on that "New Law War" reference in my game, though some prophets have talked about the flaming bridge/new Raja vision.

My Teshnan game (which is about to conclude for several game years with the heroes having passed beyond the Gate of Purification at Furalor's Redemption Monastery on Grey Mountain above the Ash Flats) dealt with an attempt by Chsa Glut's Thanatari to infiltrate the Somash Endi Varo cult's judge-priests and Jalamraya Var Dhana's (successful) attempt to gain control of the forces that protect the Vessel of Light's person. His agents (mostly the heroes) have caused the overthrow of the Rule of Higher Reason and the death of Kira Sun Kian, Shining Knife of Judgement of Somash Endi Varo.

Along the way, a Solfite player-hero has become a harbinger of the reborn, revitalized Solf, which plays into the ultimate (as yet unrecognized) goal of freeing the volcano spirit at the bottom of the Tunneled Hills.

They summoned a major ice spirit into the center of Teshnos not too long ago as part of their assault on the Thanatari mansion that housed the ritual to consume Kira Sun Kian's mind. I'm sure that will have some future repercussions.

And the primary hero's daughter is a "new flame" who is simultaneously the best possible vessel for a new incarnation of the Vessel of Light and a holy flame herself, capable of great things. Three years old, charming daughter of the edge and the center. Her name is Zitrosa, but only she knows that.

I could see all of this as being tied up in "New Law", especially as Jalamraya Var Dhana is happy to work with foreigners to reach his goal of being the great king who crosses the fiery bridge.

And this game was just a "sideline" to my Pavis game!

Mike Dawson