Re: What I'd like to see (maybe interest Moon Design)

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:43:08 -0000

Hi

I wonder if it may have been due to the essentially 'Runequest' ambience of the material. Pavis and the Big Rubble is arguably the quintessential D&D type setting for Glorantha. This is not in keeping with the style of the official material released you might think. Some could also argue that the Heroquest rules do not really support that kind of gaming. For example, when I ran the Cradle scenario I could see players tire of rolling a large number of simple contests to settle combats. This was in many ways a stark contrast to the campaign to that point which had focused on community and the characters relationships and their obligations. Runequest I think makes the Cradle scenario a far more exciting experience, in my opinion, when it really is a dramatic contest to keep you character alive in the face of the endless multitude of attacks. You have all these wonderfull strategic decisions to make, concerning the conserving of Rune Magic, and power points, and when to heal and when to rest and that kind of thing, to say nothing of pitting yourself against the GM controlled foes and win glory for the character and the player! I understand that is why Greg wrote it the way he did, to make an exciting game of Runequest. I am not convinced it is 'as good' as a Heroquest scenario having ran it with Heroquest.

Just saying,

Regards
Rob