Writing for HeroQuest etc

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:37:15 +0200

Peter:

> No, it is not. The Prax work (which is not just Chris) has very
> little to do with Pavis. Exactly what is holding it up I have no
> idea. A manuscript was submitted in 2004. Since then the
> level of feedback from Issaries back to the writers has been
> between zero and zilch.

CJ:

> Incidentally, a few years ago I did click on the "Write for Glorantha" link
> on the webpage, and fired off an e-mail volunteering to work on ANY project
> which would take me as a collaborator, or write a pitch, but I never had a
> response. I shrugged, and concentrated on other lines, as I was not sure I
> had the requisite Gloranthan lore to provide a good book at that time.

Too bad that people have had a bad experience in writing for HeroQuest. I hope everyone who has will give it another chance and work this out with Rick and Greg.

The issues of control and approval are not easy. It is a delicate line to walk for Greg to keep the published material consistent and not be a bottleneck.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams