RE: Writing for HeroWuest (and Questworlds)

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:49:13 -0500

CJ said;

>However, a whole book? Well, there is forty years worth of writing on
>Glorantha, and while I have no seen all the official HW/HQ material and
>posess I think all the official RQ2/3 material concerning Glorantha, I am
>still in the process of reading and learning from the Pre-Finished Works,
>(I've seen most of them I think now), and when I see the level of
Gloranthan
>scholarship on this list, and on Glorantha list, I usually feel quite
>ignorant. I also suspectthere may be more Gloranthan lore I am just not
>privy to, published in formats I may be unaware of?

I wouldn't be too worried about following established canon. Just pick someplace you like or are interested in weave in what you've read make up the rest. Getting something into publishable format is worth more than scholarship. Sometimes a chance reference or comment in one of the digests can spark something akin to creativity. I made up my vision of an entire society living under Valind's Glacier based on such a comment. (See http://www.geocities.com/bernuetz/regions/lodriland.html if you're interested). Obviously it draws quite a bit from official sources as well. It's probably not what someone else would do but it's more or less complete. Never did use it though.

Oliver