Re: Re: New campaign in the East Isles (context)

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:27:37 +0200

Roderick:
> Some things Phillipe forgot: "Friendly natives, hot water, beautiful sand
> (in stark contrast with
> the gloomy waters of the West)."
>
> RUM! Coconut goblets filled with concoctions of rum and fruit (little
> Vormaini umbrellas optional)

Ah yes, rum and coconut milk. I thought of mangoes and rice and forgot the drinks! I'm pretty sure the Uz in the group will want to try Andin demonbeer.

> Dusky Island Princesses in grass skirts.
>
> The crew of pleasure-yacht that went out for a "three hour cruise" and ran
> into rough weather, and have been stuck on the same island for the last four
> (or forty, or four hundred) years; even though there have been many chances
> to escape, one member of the crew has always bolloxed it up...
>
> A western artist living among innocent primitive savagery.
>
> Ah, the possibilities are endless!

Thank you all for the fun ideas!
 I may also steal the Danmalastan Triangle from Men of the Sea and put it among the Isles.

Gavain:

> Ignorant foreign zealot fighting a one man campaign to spoil all the fun to be had from the above. "Cover up those harlots, don't they know that they should be dressed from head to foot in grey tents that prevent any feminine charm from being made visible."
>
> "Cocanut drinks are the the fermentation of Wakboth. Drinking it will bring you eternal damnation."
>
> You know the sort :-)

;) I may have difficulties to get the spittle right, but I'll try. I guess Kralori are more tight than Vithelans. After some sessions in the friendly Islands of Wonder, getting into a morass of papers and petty xenophoby in Lur Nop will be interesting to play.

Antoniio:
> Some friends played a RQ Campaign in the East Islands that was a sort
> of adaptation from Homer's Odissey. I've found interesting this
> conversion (with cultural changes and so), even for loooking for
> inspiration. The chronicles are in the web, but in spanish.
I used many ideas from Homer in my former game. Got to use the giants of the past ;)
During a Heroquest in the Rightarm Islands otherword, they found a gigantic fish-man with one eye who stole sheep. They had a wonderful idea: they built a big false sheep from wood and such and hid inside ;) It got them inside its cave, where they wanted to be. I love it when we can throw reference to others myths like it's a ping-pong ball. They liked it less when they discover the one-eyed monster had sons ;)

Another time, on the Sky River, they found an island with Circalda the Sorceress, who offered them hospitality (and tried to transform them into pigs, of course). I could see the warning lights flashing above my players' head. "Circ-alda, like a contraction of Circe and Ernalda?" "Yes yes, she seems pretty friendly and has a big bosom. She and her servants are offering wine to your men and they gladly accept." "Stop it, stop her! Get out of here!".

  Philippe