Re: Re: New campaign in the East Isles (context)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:09:05 -0700

> > Ignorant foreign zealot fighting a one man campaign to spoil all the fun
to be had from the above.

> ;) I may have difficulties to get the spittle right, but I'll try.
> I guess Kralori are more tight than Vithelans. After some sessions in
> the friendly Islands of Wonder, getting into a morass of papers and
> petty xenophoby in Lur Nop will be interesting to play.

For true puritan missionary zeal you need a Malkioni; they are the ones with the right mindset.

A Kralori would just ignore the "Barbarian Customs". He would get them enmeshed in Red Tape (or the Kralori equivalent), smiling and nodding all the time while doing nothing because he "is waiting for someone more exalted". Even if you managed to get him to commit to doing something there would be a reason (Religious Celebration, peasant uprising, Dragon Rumbles) that it *didn't* get done. Read about the Western trade missions to China in the late 19th century (before the Opium Wars) to get a feel for true Bureacratic inertia.

RR
- Richelieu