New campaign in the East Isles (context)

From: philippe_sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:44:32 -0000

Hello,

My players asked for a new HQ campaign after one year playing other games and I was wondering if I could do some brainstorming here.

Here is the context:

They are the Conciliators, the Six, secret agents of Belintar the Pharaoh, initiates of his magic and representing each of them one of the Sixth of Kethaela, the Holy Country.

In the first campaign (1616 ST), during their participation in the Tournament of Masters of Luck and Death, Belintar was ambushed by JarEel. They found his trace and broke their way into the Moon and Lunar Hell, thwarting Deneskerva's plan to dismember and reconstitute Belintar into something Lunar, Belintaraltara or BeliNatha (to have a Goddess-Queen instead of a GodKing). My, they also liberated Sheng Seleris, which may not have been a good idea.

In the second campaign (1617-1618 ST), the saw their God-King become mad, or at least break under the tension between Belintar the Stranger (free mortal, powerful heroquester, violent, ambitious) and the Pharaoh (godlike, deeply linked to the Otherworld, structuring the Holy Country, chained to it in a way). During the game, there was this perpetual tension between the 'centrifugal' limit-breaking Belintar and the persona he created around him and became encased into: the Pharaoh. Belintar was actively sabotaging the Holy Country, to break the prison he constructed around him.
After many quests and missions, wondering where their responsibilities lay: duty toward the cult, toward the god, toward the man, toward the land, they achieved a kind of separation between the mortal part of Belintar and the godlike, Pharaonic, part. But the two parts are in a stalemate inside the (now closed and evacuated) City of Wonders. They needed the Opener, Dormal, who Belintar imbued with some of his powers So, hey, they did a Westfaring, kicked some red and brown Vadeli ass, battled returned-from-hell Waertagi, found Old Market, made uneasy peace with Luatha, set foot on an echo of Danmalastan the Land of Logic, sniffing Dormal's path all along. And then they went into the Sky, onto the Sky River (on the MeneneKos, JarEel's own retrofitted-by-Leonardo kethaelazied-by-the-Cult Moonboat, now a&#133; Ke-Boat I suppose).
To make a long story short, they found Dormal and Emperor Anaxial and a young Moon goddess on the same boat and helped them getting it on its way. They stopped the Rotting Duke, a Blue Vadeli, from entering the Mortal World. The Boat Planet / Anaxial's Ark is now moving again. And they fell into the Mortal World through the East Gates of the Sun, where the Sky River jumps into the Sky at the beginning of the year. With Dormal.

Wew, that was longer than expected. I'll continue in another post.

  Philippe