Re: Re: Eastern Islands: jungle, monkeys, temple and Extended Contests

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:22:44 -0500

Love the fear spirits idea.

I definitely agree with Mike about dusting off an old dungeon crawl and seeing what you can do with it.

I think the jungle as an EC is a great idea.

For the temple:
Traps, of course. Falling blocks, pits with poison spikes, pressure-floors that send darts, swinging logs with spikes that knock you into pits with snakes.
(Oooh - a classic. Rickety beam across a pit, halfway across the log swings out of the wall to knock them over.)

Rushing river that has broken through a section of the temple and can sweep them to worse dangers.

Then we have the fear spirits, the random teleporter, the guardian statue that demands the ritual password. The giant spinning top with scythe blades. The vines stalked by giant skull-bodied spiders...

LC