RE: Re: Weapon Advantage

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:46:04 -0600

>From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>The problem I've always had with this is the classic
>Humakti sword+gift, where the gift is a +5 augment. as
>an augment, fine: powerful, but fine. Now translate
>that to an ability, and use it as lead. Eek!

But that's not at all how my method works. I don't say, "Hmm, +5 bonus for big sword... that must be a 10W2 ability." If the player wants a bonus for a big sword, he'll have to purchase it like any other ability. If I were to also convert the Humakti geases (and I think I would, isn't this a HW thing), I'd make it just another ability as well, probably one that starts at keyword level.

I wouldn't convert things like essence bonuses, or fetish releases... those are just bonuses, and not abilities (and if you did convert them, the abilities implied would be ridiculous, especially considering that they're already set). If I really wanted to bring these things in line with the rest of the system, again, I'd make them just another ability (which would really lower the power of practitioners and wizards).

Mike

Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday cash from MSN today!
http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us