RE: Re: Weapon Advantage

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:11:25 +0000 (GMT)

> >From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
> >
> >Thus altering Gloranthan reality, instead of the
> >system used to represent it. No, there's got to be
> >better tweak to the idea than that.
>
> I'm not in any way trying to represent "Gloranthan
> Reality" with this
> system. In fact I don't play in Glorantha.

Oh FFS.... Glorantha, My-little-pony-verse, whatever. The universe you're gaming in, who cares which one. You said (now snipped, so I can't be sure of wording), that your proposed change would make users of spirit magic and sorcery much less powerful. That's a major change to the universe you're playing in, and to me implies that your PCs wake up one day and find the universe has changed under their feet because you changed the rules. And to me, that's not on - or, possibly, a major plot point as they try to work out how, and why, without invoking my version of the Godlearners' Secret.

> It works perfectly
> well for me, and if you're not seeing how, then I
> can't help you at this point.

You can't explain how two major magic systems suddenly losing their power can be harmlessly absorbed into the plot line? Or can't see why that's a problem?

All New Yahoo! Mail � Tired of Vi_at_gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html