RE: Re: Weapon Advantage

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:43:38 -0600

>From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>Oh FFS....

Sorry if I've offended.

>Glorantha, My-little-pony-verse, whatever.
>The universe you're gaming in, who cares which one.
>You said (now snipped, so I can't be sure of wording),
>that your proposed change would make users of spirit
>magic and sorcery much less powerful.

Less powerful than the rules as written do. And only if I applied it to the one for one augments. Which I don't. Since they're not bonuses.

>That's a major
>change to the universe you're playing in, and to me
>implies that your PCs wake up one day and find the
>universe has changed under their feet because you
>changed the rules.

I've been playing with this conversion in my Shadow World game since day one.

Mike: I augment instead of use bonuses like this.
Jane: But that means there's a problem converting Humakti geases.
Mike: I don't have Humakti geases to worry about, and don't "convert"
anything. I just augment with abilities. Jane: But that won't fit Glorantha

Actually I think that if you start off with your Glorantha like this, so characters don't have to wake up to some change, then I don't see the problem. But, again, that's not a problem I have.

Mike

it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/