Re: The Moon Bear

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:41:50 -0500

Thanks Mark.

On March 6, 2007 10:48 am, Mark Galeotti wrote:
> Given that 4SoR is a tad esoteric and out of print, I thought it
> might be useful if I just pasted my Moon Bear piece here. The
> formatting will get a little mangled, but I'm afraid that I really
> don't have the time to tidy it. I hope it will be of some interest,
> though.

The formatting isn't too bad.

It is interesting. The write up certainly seems to imply that the Star Bear cult is still alive and well (perhaps not WELL) in Sylila, even if Orlanth is suppressed. Am I wrong in interpreting things that way? Odalya is not just the hunting god here, but takes on some of the social roles of Orlanth. I suspect there are some cults that overlap Moon Bear subcults heavily, but others that don't.

LC