Re: Digest Number 2713

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:09:17 +0000 (GMT)

>It is feasible that one might on occasion wish to run a heroquest off camera (for which one might want to use a simple contest).

I experimented with doing this for communal quests usually on holy days. The players get the story and then usually a one-roll chance to act at some important point in the contest. If they succeed they usually learn a feat. Some of these communal quests riff of ideas in Arcane Lore where the same quest is presented at different levels. My goal long term would be to allow players to participate in parts of a myth communally, and thereby become familiar with the myth, before taking on a supporting or leadership roll. Ian Cooper